The Republican Association of Manufacturers of Windows and Doors was established ‘de facto’ in 1998.
The companies producing plastic windows established ‘Association of Manufacturers of Plastic Windows’ in 1998. Later on, there appeared companies that wanted to be a part of the Association but were producing not only plastic windows, also wanting to gather not only manufacturers, but also providers of the consisting materials, the association changed its name and became ‘Republican Association of Manufactures of Windows and Doors’.
With the name ‘The Republican Association of Manufacturers of Windows and Doors’, the association was established ‘De jure’ in 1999.
When forming the Association, the main aims of it were formulated:
- To represent the rights of members of the association, to defend their interests in national and public institutions.
- To help the companies to introduce ISO and EN standards.
- To motivate high quality and competitiveness of products manufactured by the members of the Association.
- To organize creative collaboration of company leaders, who are members of the Association.
- To cooperate with educational institutions and organise: conferences, discussions about problematic scientific, technical and other issues, organising professional training.
- To organize practical activities for architects and construction engineers in the companies belonging to our Association.
- To provide informative support, legal and economical consultations to the members of the Association.
- To maintain relations with companies and organizations from the Republic of Lithuania and foreign countries.
- To motivate giving to charity and providing the support.
- Together with mass media, to publish problematic articles, explaining the customer how he can choose good quality production.
- To initiate continuity of EU standards about the production of windows and doors, creation of new regalement and their approval in national institutions.
When gathering companies into the Association, it is decided that member of the Association can only be such a company that has all the required documents that comply with the provided applicable legislations of Lithuania, about produced and realizable window and door production, documents proving their origin.
The committee of quality and technique, established by the Association, evaluates the window production level, quality of used material and work culture of every company. In this way, the license of being a member of the Association of Manufacturers of Windows and Doors is something that can guarantee quality for every customer.
The Association makes all its efforts so that the primary condition about window production and selling would be as equal as possible for all manufacturers. The Association has prepared Technical Regalement of Construction ‘Windows and outer entrance doors’. They have performed a correction of this regalement, adjusting the requirements for window production in government-sponsored newly built and renovated objects. The Association has already prepared the third edition of Windows, doors and mounting of their construction ‘Construction rules’.
The Association is a member of Standard Committee TK60, with Lithuanian standardization department. The Association actively contributes to the takeover and introduction of EU standards in Lithuania.
The Association does not participate while deciding issues about the quality of produced and sold products of others that are not members of the Association. However, the Association investigates and stores all the information that is received both directly and through the media, about all the production that is made by manufacturers producing windows and doors, its quality, including work quality of mounting of windows and doors.
The companies, which are members of the Association have the most advanced quality and environment control systems, that ensure high quality of manufactured production and gives guarantee to the customers.
The Association is open to all the companies that manufacture window and door, providing items and materials for window and door production, if their activity is clear and tolerant towards other companies, and if those companies work according to the provided documents, applicable Lithuanian legislations that considers the approval of the quality.